intro & hello 💋

 


Hello everyone ♡



You can call me Vix! 
I'm a 26yo vet gal living on the east coast, who started my gal journey back in 2010 ✨️



Some quick background on me that informs how I approach gal personally:


*I'm persian & jewish
*skin type: dry & sensitive
*skin tone: light to medium neutral with golden undertones 
*height & weight: 5'6, ~145lbs currently
*natural hair & eyes: brown & green/hazel

*favorite models: changes a lot! But consistently Yun, Manya, Yumachi, Hozunyam, Mipochi, Momoa, and Hana!
*favorite magazines: also changes a lot 😭 but currently nuts, ego system, & betty!
*favorite brands: d.i.a, cecil mcbee, goldsinfinity, jesus diamante & emiria wiz


My gal evolution wasn't quite linear ww

From the start of finding gal it became a full blown obsession and one of my main special interests ✨️ I beelined it for agejo early in high school and made sure my first purchases were circle lenses and eyelashes! 
I had no idea what I was doing though!! ww 
I think I wound up with really light (and really not gyaru) Dolly Wink lashes and purple lenses that looked awful on me 😭 
I'd seen Shizuka Takeda wear them once in an ad and they matched my dream ma*rs set, so to a baby gal who hadn't gotten a grasp on the basics those seemed like great purchases until they were in my hands 🤧 

Mistakes were definitely made but I started to understand why matching your closet and look to your lifestyle matters (笑)


Two of my earliest gal photos I haven't deleted, ft my friend who was also getting into the style! 🥹 she's not gal anymore so I added a sticker as courtesy 💔
my bangs were tragic! I had no idea that gals cut them a certain shape when they part them and I was trimming them at home with zero experience 😭 I could have at least looked up a tutorial on YouTube 🥲

I saved my lunch money in high school and put everything towards small hauls every other month ☆ I had a rule about every piece I bought being under ¥1000 🥲
My family wasnt supportive about any part of gal, so I tended to practice my makeup nights before bed when they were asleep (笑) But despite the hurdles, by college I had a bit more freedom to buy things and an easygoing tsuyome vibe that blended gal brands with plenty of offbrand mixed in-- and decent basic makeup skills for someone who started off not knowing anything 🥳 



I was heavily inspired by egg models I'd become obsessed with like Yun and Sakikkuma and tried copying their makeup until I felt confident branching out, as a way to keep me on the right path✨️



d.i.a mixed with shorts I diy'd to emulate a ma*rs pair I really loved 💖


A lot of my day to day looks for class were garula inspired but really casual! I focused on the makeup, and was happy as long as I felt a little bit gal while still comfortable enough for 7am lectures 🤠

Eventually I did have to take a hiatus to get my life in order (it's a long story) and figure out more conventional makeup.. 
that's probably my biggest regret within the style 😭😭 *omg* did it set me back far!! Coming back felt like starting over in some ways, as the 2016 pomade brow and cheekbone contouring didn't do me any favors for jfashion w





Proof that even full brand coords can't save you if your hair & makeup isn't right
(笑💔)

Since I came back to the style more consistently I've been working hard to keep improving and become a gal that younger me would have gone crazy for! 💖



Can I just say I hate this photo now and that I've seen it around pinterest 😭😭 
please ask gals directly before posting other people's selfies to other sites!!
It just feels strange knowing a look that I don't consider to be complete is memorialized? idk!!
It just makes me wish I had better hair skills back then ww



pandemic pink & starting to thin my brows before I took the plunge to bleach them ww

Since the pandemic I also went back to not relying on filters! I have nothing against them for other people but Snow washed me out and kinda blurred my lashes and makeup too much 🤔 I also just love the look of older gal blog photos and unfiltered feels closer to that for me 🤠





These days I jump substyles a lot! I find it hard to not love every gal style and want to try them all ww
I got into hime more recently but still wear a lot of tsuyome and agejo elements! I think my main focus is on a cohesive personal style more than which substyle I am 💖

So that's pretty much been my journey up until last year! Which is getting its own post to celebrate the new year! 🥂


I hope you're excited as I am for an even more gal 2023!! 🎉💖

My focus here is actually gonna be a mix of personal gal updates and in depth reviews and tutorials of different aspects of the style! I don't see enough coverage of things I needed help with starting out and it'd be great to explain those in detail!! 
(If you couldn't tell already I like nitty gritty blogs over brief & casual ww)

I wanna do my best to share what I've learned and help other gens of gals, especially now that a lot of the blogs I relied on as a baby gal are bust 💔 

What do you think of the blog so far? I hope everything looks cute 🤞💕
If you have any requests for tutorials or posts please don't be shy! But I do already have a lot planned to share with everyone 💖

Bye for now and have a wonderful start to your year 💋💋

















Comments

  1. So excited you finally got this up and running! Can't wait to see all the wonderful things you're going to share. I love your gal journey sm!! Seeing these old pics really brings back memories of that time and when we first became friends 💖💕✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means so much Sei!! I'm lucky to have had your friendship so long!! 💖

      Delete
  2. OMGOMGOMGOMG!!! I remember you from that early gal pic you have!!! I cannot believe it haha So happy I came across your blog <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

what makes a gyaru? part 1

what makes a gyaru? part 2

my gyaru philosophy...